chevron background

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Random Thoughts that Muddle the Mind....

-Is there some sort of classification in between SAHM and working outside of home mom? I feel a little lost in Nowhere Land.

-Why doesn't anyone ever abbreviate it WOHM? Working moms are busy and need abbreviations, too.

-When feces was found on the floor, why were my kids totally serious when they asked me if it was mine? (For the record, it was not...It was Alyssa's.)

-Why do some let their kids watch Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Power Rangers, Transformers, and all the Disney movies full of violence, magic, spells, and evil witches, yet are shocked and indignant when finding out my son has watched the 1st three Harry Potters?

-Why can't the same people believe that Sponge Bob is banned at our house?

-Why are my kids not into "Matilda?" I love that book and they just aren't feeling it.

-Why can't drug companies, insurances, and politicians become truly altruistic?

-For that matter, why can't my kids do the same on house cleaning day?

-Why does my husband think a clean floor equals a clean house? All items off the floor (relocated to the counters, couches, tables) and some vacuum marks and voila!! (He totally gets points for his efforts.)

-Why can't people be more vocal in their love and praise? Wouldn't we all feel better? I have a brother-in-law who is constantly tellling/facebooking/emailing/communicating how awesome he thinks his wife is (she is!) and how much he loves her and his kids. What a lucky wife and kids. You rock, James! I really admire that about you.

-Why doesn't MaltOMeal have more fiber?

-How did the Summer go by so fast? And why does it feel like there hasn't been a summer? (OK, I know the answer that that last one. Between Mono-Man and the record setting heat wave which has kept us indoors lest we spontaneously combust, this summer has been a bit of a drag. Here's to Autumn!)

1 comment:

Irish Cream said...

Uh, I'm feelin' ya on the tv/movie thing. My girls Love to go around and tell people I don't like SpongeBob. They haven't seen 90% of the movies geared toward their age, and I far prefer the Barbie movies (which have some action/adventure but minimal violence and love affairs).

I couldn't believe my brother-in-law took his 6- and 8-year-old sons to see Transformers 2. The movie was fraught with sexual innuendos (and even a rather racy/raunchy make-out scene!) and of course there was TONS of violence. *sigh* It's strange what one can filter out, and what then offends.

Oh, and I laughed my head off at the query of your children on whose excrement was on the floor!

And nodded in commiseration with the, dare I say warped?, sense of cleanliness a husband can have...