chevron background

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Declaring War....

My anxiety level is at an all time high...The number and severity of the uncontrollable swirling around my hyperventilating little self is at an all time high. I can't take it any more. Really, no more...
Therefore, as of today, dear blog I am declaring war. I shall conquer and vanquish all the "stuff" that is causing me grief and is within my control. I shall win...If not, well....let's not go there.

Think positively.

My first victim...Enemy of the State of Calm #1.....STUFF. Yes, stuff. In the next two weeks I will systematically go from room to room and seriously fight the stuff. This will not be as easy as it sounds. I was raised a clutter bug (though my mom will disagree). Chotsky's, doo-dads, memorabilia....plethora of items that HAD to be saved because they meant something however didn't really and if they did ceased to do so due to the volume. Papers, cords, screws, thingy's and what'nots that "may come in handy one day". All of it will be gone. The stuff around me is causing me severe anxiety and taking too much time to control. (Probably because I am the only one trying to control it....the loved ones don't seem to mind....)

Todays mission...The office......If you don't hear from me by tonight, please come dig me out.....

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Good luck!! I'm starting to feel the same way too. The best thing about moving is that it forces you to get rid of all that stuff. Unfortunately, we haven't moved in almost 3 years, (and we've added another kid). :)

Shelly said...

Yeah....moving always helps. There's a certain part of me that wouldn't mind another evacuation. That made a big difference. We took truckloads to goodwill after that.

Julia Deaver said...

Good luck decluttering! I know that can take time, but is totally worth it!